This complete guide covers everything the owner of a miniature horse or pony needs to know about feeding their pint-sized equines. Although the basic ‘rules’ of horse nutrition apply to feeding miniatures, there are many practical challenges to overcome. This guide helps to explain the what, why, when and how!
- How much food does a mini need?
- Water requirements
- Body condition scoring miniatures
- Choosing hay for minis
- Do I need to hard feed?
- Which supplements are really necessary?
- Meeting protein requirements
- Safe weight loss
- Managing body condition at pasture